The Big Microplastic Survey Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
Records and personal data
When you use this website and take part in the survey, you potentially create and upload content – for instance, the observations, photos and your descriptions of what you find. By submitting this information, you are saying that:
- The content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree this usage.
- You agree that the content can be used by Just One Ocean, The Big Microplastic Survey and the University of Portsmouth.
- You agree that your observations and data can be made publicly available for wider use.
General Terms and Conditions
- You agree to indemnify Just One Ocean, The Big Microplastic Survey and University of Portsmouth against any and all claims by third parties arising out of your use of this site in violation of these Legal Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You should assume that everything you read, or see on this site is copyrighted, or otherwise protected and owned by Just One Ocean or some third party who licensed to Just One Ocean the right to such material. Unless otherwise expressly noted, nothing that you read or see on this site may be copied or used except as provided in these Legal Terms and Conditions of Use or with the prior written approval of Just One Ocean. You may not: use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); remove any copyright, or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to other person or “mirror” the materials on any other server. We make no warranties or representations to you that your use of any materials displayed on the site will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- All materials on this site, including all files, images, text, software, and data, are the property of Just One Ocean. These materials are licensed to you for your personal, non-commercial use. You may download, print, or view these materials on your personal computer, provided you do not delete or change any of the information, including copyright and trademark notices. You may not modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, upload, or re-use any of the text, graphics, or other materials on the site without Just One Ocean’s prior written permission.
- The site may provide links and pointers to internet sites maintained by others (“third party sites”). Just One Ocean has not reviewed all of the third party sites linked to the site and is not responsible for the content of or any products or services offered in such third party sites.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, designs and marks on the site are trademarks or service marks owned or used under license by Just One Ocean. The use or misuse of any of these marks or other information is strictly prohibited.
- Just One Ocean may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. Just One Ocean may terminate this agreement at any time, without notice to you, if it believes, in its sole judgement, that you have breached or may breach any term or condition of this agreement or it may terminate this agreement for its convenience. You may terminate this agreement at any time by destroying all materials received from the site and ceasing to use the site.
- These Legal Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by English Law.
- Our failure to strictly enforce any right against you shall not constitute a waiver thereof. If any provision of these Legal Terms and Conditions of Use is deemed invalid, illegal, or unenforceable such provision will be deemed amended to conform to the applicable laws and the remainder of the Legal Terms and Conditions of Use shall remain in full force and effect. This represents the full understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.